St. Andrews Kingdom of Fife Scotland
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Th's morning, I am providing summary information on the 'Golf Town' of St. Andrews. Key aspects are:
- 11 golf courses including seven of championship class.
- Administrative home of golf since the 17th century. Also, home to the British Golf Museum.
- Home of the famous Old Course with its Swilken Bridge and 18th hole.
- Home to one of Scotland's oldest ( and top ranking) universities.
- A ruined cathedral
- Ruined medieval castle.
- Beaches including West Sands where some scenes from 'Chariots of Fire' were filmed.
- Ice Cream (Jannettas).
- Boating Pond.
- Cheese Shop (Mellis)
- Small cinema.
Labels: Scottish Towns
posted by Catswhiskers @ 5:08 PM